10.27.2011

Bumpy Road

I picked Malakai up from preschool on Tuesday. "He needs to dress in costume on Thursday for the parade." Gulp. We don't celebrate Halloween or really go trick or treating. He can't be the only kid in the class not participating. I have less than two days to come up with a brilliant idea. Think of something, Mom! So I went online and googled "homemade boys costumes" and this is what I found. All you need...adhesive velcro (had some on hand for who knows what reason), electrical tape, and a few match box cars. Malakai is really into match box cars right now and he begs us to drive down a nearby road with lots of hills that he has affectionately named "the bumpy road". So here he is, walking around with all the other kids (who are donning some not-so-homemade costumes) with great confidence. The fingers on his cheek mean, "I'm nervous because everyone is starring at me." They even sang two songs and did some hand motions which he loved.











4 comments:

  1. Great job Mom. It looks original and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! What a great costume! I didn't know what to dress Elijah as either. It's not exactly something we plan. Last year we did trick or treat at musser park, but we just threw something together...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! I'm sure he was delighted and proud. And it can be viewed as just playing dress up. :) Which he probably loved.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word- he's the cutest little road I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete