11.14.2011

Birthdays and Get Aways

November is one of my favorite months for a lot of different reasons. Fall is just beautiful and crisp at this point. It's my birthday month and my business is usually slowing down around this time as the holidays approach and colder weather sets in. This means less stress and a chance to get away with Eric. We have planned fall get aways for the last few years and have never been disappointed. This past weekend, our friend Darren and his new bride, Grace had their wedding reception in his home town of Chambersburg. They got married in South Korea so it was amazing to finally be able to meet this beauty and celebrate God's faithfulness to them. We decided to make an overnight stay out of it instead of driving almost four hours in a day. It was our first night away since Isaac was born so we were thankful for the extra rest. We did some Christmas shopping, ate at a new cafe down town Lancaster called Bon Appetit and got some donuts across the street at Fractured Prune. Oh. My. Goodness! Our tatsebuds were more than satisfied! We stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast and did some hiking before heading home. Our hearts are feeling fully alive, our love tanks are overflowing and we are refreshed and thankful for a break in the routine of life.

Here are some images from my birthday last week. Eric cooked me an amazing jumbo shrimp dinner, brought home some beautiful flowers and a massage when I'm ready to use it! And then we had dinner at my parents' the next night. And the next morning I got a haircut...bangs and everything. It was an exciting week around here!











No comments:

Post a Comment