10.12.2013

The Good Samaritan

Believe it or not (after the flooding and gloominess of the past few days) it was a cool, dry morning on Wednesday when I took the kids (along with the help of my mom) to the Manheim Farmshow. We enjoyed a fun morning of tractors, animals, craft/food exhibits, and a little of the goat show. Topped off with a milkshake of course!

We loaded up the stroller and the kids when it was time to go and headed straight for kindergarten. I decided to stop for gas on the way home and could not locate my wallet. Anywhere. As I began praying, mom and I both felt like we knew where it was laying...right in the grass where our car had been parked. I called Eric who called the Farmshow Office to see if anyone had turned it in. As I waited for an answer, I felt sick. "Why did this happen? I've never done anything like this before. Ever!" I decided to take mom and my 1 and 2 year olds back to her house and I would make the drive right back up to the farmshow and start looking around.

My phone rang. Eric said that someone (a good Samaritan) had turned it in. Tears welled up in my eyes as I quietly thanked Jesus for protecting it, just like I had asked Him to do. This man had pulled up behind me as I was leaving and literally saw the wallet fall out of my car. He ran after me and yelled, but I was busy focusing on the kids and off to the next thing. He shared with the person at the info desk that he wasn't sure what to do with it. Should he take it to the police department or to the farmshow, which is clearly where I had just been. Well, the LORD directed him to the right place. The man I spoke with assured me that if anyone tried to steal it at the info desk, they would have to "go through me to get it!" We were already planning on going back up to the farmshow that night for the parade. A few hours later, I picked up my wallet at the farmshow information desk from Elwyn. My identity. Safe and sound, untouched, nothing missing. Thank you, Jesus!

It's been a trying few weeks for me. Two weeks ago, my computer froze. I took it TCW Computer and Kyle (one of my newest heroes) told me that the hard drive was failing. That was a friday and they do not have weekend hours. I had backed things up but there were about 2 weeks of missing info. That sick feeling washed over me, once again. No computer for a few days meant no internet, no contact info, no anything. At least not much. It was a moment of realization for me about how much I depend on this oblong box that I stare at so often throughout my day. And no, I don't own a smart phone...for a lot of reasons.

By Tuesday, five days later, I had my computer back home, but it took another day to get her all back and running just like before. Somehow, Kyle had recovered the lost files (miracles really do happen!) and my trust in technology has lessened a little, probably for the better.

Within the last two weeks, two big events involving my identity were lost. I believe the LORD is teaching me a valuable lesson on who I really am. I am nothing without Him. He needs to be my everything. My computer and technology may fail. My wallet may be lost. If I depend on those things to tell me who I am, I am missing out on the bigger picture. I am a daughter of the Most High God. I am a wife of ten years to a phenomenal husband. I am a mother of three miraculous children ages 1, 2 and 5. He is grabbing at my heart and asking me to come close to Him so that He can whisper the real truth to me. I am non-replaceable. There is no one else like me. Nothing can be taken from me that I don't already eternally have. Computers and wallets don't mean a thing in heaven.

I need Thee, oh I need Thee. Every hour I need Thee.

And here are a few pics of the good times I was able to capture before my wallet took a little journey...





















No comments:

Post a Comment