1.09.2014

The Journey

Instead of dashing headlong toward your goal, let Me set the pace. Slow down, and enjoy the journey in My presence.   -Sarah Young

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1: 37

This morning as I sat in the beloved green recliner chair that seems to birth fresh vision and a renewed sense of hope for both Eric and I as we spend time with Jesus, I am reflecting on the journey of life. I was putting new images on my website last night of some of my favorite images from this past year. Most were my clients. But honestly, some of my very favorite ones were of my dear children. Two of them were the boys running...through the woods, on the beach, through the back yard sprinkler. Smiling. Full of joy. Enjoying the journey. And then I found more images of Eric and I running some races. My first 5k...I managed a smile at the finish line. Eric's first 5 miler...arms up in victory as he crossed the finish line.

The LORD reminded me again that there is SO.MUCH.JOY in the journey! This is the perspective I need as I raise my little children. As life is full of transitions. I choose joy today!






No comments:

Post a Comment