8.10.2015

Sweet Summer Days

Can you feel it? The days are getting shorter. The nights are getting cooler. Summer is slowly but surely drawing to a close. As much as I love the lazy schedule, we are all ready for the transition that second grade and preschool will soon bring to our family. But there is still time to squeeze in more sweet memories in the sunshine. Noah is 12 weeks old now and beginning to move out of the spot I lay him down at and laughing at everything.  Hadassah is almost completely potty trained (with the back end ;) and turning three next month. Isaac just got rid of the training wheels on his bike. Malakai lost tooth #7 and is enjoying shoots hoops in the new basketball net and target practicing with his new bow.

Life is always changing and nothing ever stays the same. This is a good thing. But it makes me realize that life is fleeting and we won't get this time back with our young children. I got an email from a friend the other day who just told me she and her husband and expecting their first baby after many years of infertility. My eyes cried tears of joy for them and I was taken back to the memories of the days when Eric and I were struggling with this battle ourselves not that many years ago. How quickly we can forget all that the LORD has done for us when we are in the "overwhelm" of raising four kiddos ages 7 and under! What gifts! What treasures! Thank you, Jesus for the Martin party of six!













No comments:

Post a Comment