7.17.2016

Spartan Race 2016

Today I witnessed something I never have before. The Spartan Race proved to be an amazing sight to behold. Eric and three other friends set out on a grueling course straight up Blue Mountain in the Poconos. And it was a blazing hot and humid day. Drenching sweat poured off my body as a spectator.  250 people released every 15 minutes minutes for over five hours straight. 4.7 miles and 23 obstacles. More like road blocks. Log carry. Monkey bars. Ropes. Bucket of Rocks. Inverted Wall. And the list goes on. I watched in awe as men and women of all ages and sizes competed. Pushing their bodies beyond any realistic expectations. Me and the other wives got to ride up the ski lift while our men made their way up the mountain on foot.

I watched teary-eyed as one couple came running down the final stretch, hand in hand, leaping over the fire wall and crossed the finish line together. The next guy somersaulted over the finish line. Then Eric came down the mountain, hands stretched up towards the sky in victory and goosebumps came. It was 94 degrees. If I would've hung out at the finish line all day, there would've been a pool of tears all around me. The coach in me comes out and I absolutely LOVE watching people push themselves to accomplish seemingly impossible goals.

I saw four men go in to the race together and come out...TOGETHER. And I was speechless. I have utmost respect for all of them. But without a doubt, Eric Ray is my favorite Spartan! With my God I can scale a wall...















No comments:

Post a Comment