9.14.2016

Our Sweetheart Is Four...

I remember it all. It was a Friday morning when my labor started. Five days ahead of my due date. Praise Jesus! I dropped off Malakai at preschool. Went to Starbucks for a drink. Came home with Isaac and decided things were progressing enough to need my dear husband home from work. He zoomed home and took Isaac across the street to Grandpa and Grandma's and we labored at home until about 3:30. Windows open. Breeze blowing. Gorgeous weather. Much like what we have been having the past few days. Got to the hospital and about four and a half hours later at 8:10pm, Hadassah Joy took her first breath outside of my womb. It was miraculous. A daughter. I never had one of those before. Haha!

She is a gift. Naturally beautiful. Opinionated. Passionate. Gentle. Loves animals and adventure. A princess one minute. Tomboy the next. Her giggle is one of my favorite sounds and her tight hugs are equally as wonderful. She loves to watch me do my hair and make up and takes notes on how to put on lotion, perfume, and lip gloss....lots and lots of lip gloss ;) Having a daughter is so special when you have three other sons. The more she grows up, the more I am falling in love with her. She's my girl and today, we will celebrate her life...all.day.long! Happy birthday, my dear. You truly are Mommy and Daddy's precious star (that is what Hadassah means).














No comments:

Post a Comment