12.30.2008

Christmas on Ross Street

The three of us opened up gifts on Christmas morning. Honestly, a cardboard box and tissue paper was all Malakai really needed to make his day merry. He was such a riot! After his morning nap, we went to my parents' for lunch with my grandparents and then up to Mechanicsburg for the extended Martin family gathering. It was a long but fun day.

As far as gifts went, this year Eric and I went shopping back in November when we went to Swiss Woods Bed & Breakfast and had a little get away. So we wrapped up the things we had picked out that day. But last night Eric got some new roller blades so he can get a better workout when he's walking Gideon. He really was like a little kid with a new toy. This morning was the trial run and he had a blast. He thinks he's going to be sore until he gets used to working a whole new group of muscles though. We also got a bike seat for Malakai so he can ride with us now. I haven't ridden my bike since I've been a mom and we used to ride often.

My "after Christmas" gift, kind of to myself, is a new elliptical trainer. That's right, folks! I am committed to a healthy lifestyle which includes regular exercise and I need a little push in this department. We've been talking about it for awhile and decided there is no more wasting time! We looked at the one we want last night and I think we're bringing it home tonight. I'm sure there will be more stories to come on this subject. So the Martin family is getting in shape so that we have more energy, more joy, and less laziness in our lives. Can I get an "AMEN!"

As a side note, we are also remodeling our bathroom this week. The peach tile from who-knows-when has got to go. Eric is so excited to tear into this project with me. So there is lots of change coming this year in many aspects of our lives.

Yippee! Tissue paper!!





Can I PLEEEAASSSSE have one of my Christmas snacks??