3.29.2010

Expectancy

I was at a women's conference this past weekend at my church. It was probably the second one in my life time that I have attended and it was nothing short of amazing. It was so refreshing to soak in God's presence during worship and to laugh and cry with hundreds of other women of all ages, ethnicities, and backgrounds. All of us with different stories, all with different joys and heartaches in our lives, all in love with Jesus and all in need of a fresh touch from Him on the journey. I learned a lot, more than I can comprehend at the moment, but these two quotes especially stuck out to me:

- The only thing you can expect is that it won't be what you were expecting.
- Waiting in expectancy means that you TRUST your Father. Waiting with expectations means that you have DEMANDS on Him.

OUCH...no challenge here!

I am so thankful that Jesus is so patient with me as I learn to trust Him. He is working ALL things together for my good. He isn't trying to kill me. He loves me, He is always good, and He is faithful to all that He has promised.

Amen.

BE ENCOURAGED!

4 comments:

  1. I AM encouraged! Thanks, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/29/2010

    praying for you Regina! what great encouragement that was :)

    -jenny rohrer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/29/2010

    AMEN! God is so good and faithful when we don't understand or feel Him. Keep looking to Him! :)


    Kristen Inch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there too and saw you across the crowd during the Generational prophecies.
    It was incredible, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete