5.23.2012

100 Brides Later...

Saturday, I photographed my 100th wedding. I began my business in 2006 so that is averaging about 14+ weddings a year. At my peak, Eric and I photographed 22 weddings a year. Last year we did 12 and this year we are cutting down to just 8. I am so blessed to be able to work with my best friend and husband as my second shooter. I can't imagine not having him by my side. He keeps me calm, hydrated, and makes sure I go potty at least once during the day. (Sometimes, I just am so focused, I forget!) We make a great team. The clients I serve are amazing in so many ways. They trust me fully to capture their wedding day through my lens and they allow me to really "get in their business". I've bustled dresses, explained how to gently lock lips, nuzzle noses, and dip kiss. I've pinned on flowers, dried tears, prayed with nervous brides, held hands, held chewed gum and used tissues, and gave advice on fashion (gasp, it's true...even low maintenance women like myself know a few things ;) I've walked through mud, poison ivy and rivers. I've climbed onto things and jumped off of things, laid on the ground, and been in places I probably couldn't get into again...all in the name of getting a good shot. I've cried countless tears behind my camera for various reasons when emotion swept over me. I've laughed watching guests cut a rug on the dance floor, heard amazing toasts, and eaten incredible food. I've crossed over Pennsylvania borders to California, New York, and Maryland to capture weddings. And I have NO REGRETS! It has been an incredible journey over the past 7 years and I am looking forward to whatever lies ahead. Today, I am thanking the LORD for allowing me to reach this milestone. He has given me courage to step out in faith and trust Him to connect me to every single bride and groom that I was to be connected with. I remember each wedding day, each couple's love story, each time someone was brave enough to book Eric and I to capture their wedding day. I am humbled. So here is to the last 100 brides, and all those yet to come...

1 comment:

  1. Whitney Donohoe5/28/2012

    Regina and Eric-
    What a neat milestone! I am so glad that I was one of the 100. I still am in awe of my photographs. I do not get to show people quite as often but when I do I think of you two. Not only do they capture our true emotions from that day but they allow me to continually relive what a beautiful celebration it was. Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete