2.12.2014

Silly Sibs

I was reading a friend's post on facebook this morning and was totally encouraged and challenged to apply them to my life. His words...

...Grateful people can take any bad situation and find something good in it...ungrateful people can take any good situation and find something bad in it! I'm grateful for the valleys...for they propel us to start climbing again...

Yes, we've had seven snow days with most likely one or two more on the way. Yes, it's so cold it's almost nuts to go outside for more than 15 minutes at a time. Yes, our woodstove has been eating logs like crazy for the past few months. Am I tired of the inside routine? More than a little, but every time I take pictures, a part of me springs to life again. I watched Isaac and Hadassah using their imaginations together this afternoon and fell in love with them all over again. These kids...

Our family is in the midst of a big transition in our lives. Have you ever gone through one of those? If you're a human being, than most likely you have.  It's not easy. Not all nice and neat. Doesn't happen over night. It's messy. Scary. A process. A friend told me recently, it's kind of life sky-diving. You get up there and look out of the plane and think, "Oh.My.Goodness! What am I doing?" You decide that you really are gonna jump, but you want to close your eyes because you are afraid. As you jump, scream and open your eyes, you see the most amazing view beneath you, all around you and then realize that you could've missed it all. Could've given in to fear. But you didn't. You went for it, shut the door in fear's face and experienced freedom and joy, and a breath-taking view. I'm getting over the "what-if's" and saying...it's gonna be worth it all! WHEEEEEEEEEE....






















No comments:

Post a Comment