10.07.2014

Real Life Captured

Yeah, I used to have this belief that because I am a photographer, my kids will always do what I want them to in front of the camera. HAH! What was I thinking? We had our friend, Shannon come out to our place on Saturday to capture our family. Well, the dear three year old was not at all interested in cooperating, no matter how many times we promised ice cream cake (it was the day after Eric's birthday), or other things to try to entice him to just please smile for a few minutes. So, after much wailing and throwing of fits, we got some pretzels and tried to regroup. Never mind that the wind was incredibly strong and cold too.

After looking through our images, I realized that honestly, Shannon captured real life quite perfectly. Cause, baby...this is far from nice and neat and all perfectly coordinated and organized. I am learning, and it's a life long journey, how to throw (and I mean really launch) perfection to the wind. When raising multiple young children, you must repeatedly tell yourself, I was made for this...I love them...and the mess they make is only for a short time. Keeping a connection to their hearts is more important than order in the court. I ask for grace daily from the One who answered my prayer to be a mother after almost 6 years of infertility. Yesterday, I was at the local farmshow with my 2 and 3 year old and a little older woman said, "Oh honey, you have your hands full!" Hah...and that was just 2/3's of them ;) But I know I have what it takes, with Jesus, my husband, and other family members and dear momma friends to raise these kiddos into world changers.

And here are those world changers....ages 6, 3, and 2. Rascals? Yes. Love 'em? With all that is within me. And the man in the plaid shirt...he is my best half and anchor in the storm.














No comments:

Post a Comment