6.17.2015

Brothers & Bubbles

I find it hard to capture all the precious moments that happen around here these days. I tell myself, "You'll remember that. No need to rush to get your camera." But let's be honest...I won't. And that's why I am a photographer. To help people remember those big or not so big moments in life. To freeze them in time. Forever. I am no different. I need to be reminded that these moments are fleeting. These 8 little feet that take up most of my waking moments will grow up and probably be parents of several little feet themselves. Wow. Mind blown. I am learning that family is a verb. An action word. Something we do. Not something we are. It is work. It is fun. It is hard. It is worth it.

These moments were captured yesterday right after lunch in the midst of lots of swirling wind and threatening thunderstorms. Life documented. They may not look like anything super special, but to me, they are precious moments I never want to forget. My sons snuggling together. My daughter blowing on her bubble pipe in her sundress, curly blond never-cut-hair flowing in her face, a newborn baby being passed around to 6 anxious arms who want to hold him...non stop!

My shutter needs to be clicking more so that time will not erase these days from my memory where simple fun was all we had and all we needed. Time together. In our yard. Just being. Mommy with her four arrows. Waiting for the return of our favorite person...Daddy!








No comments:

Post a Comment