6.22.2015

Father's Day Fun

Sometimes you just have to smile and say, "Well, that was unexpected!" It's a dad's life...

Riding along in our automobile. Heading to Life Center on Sunday morning. 20 minutes into the 30 minute drive, dear daughter loses her breakfast. "Pull the van over...NOW!" Picture us on the side of the highway cleaning up little "Sweets" all while listening to Adventures in Odyssey...the message was on not being afraid to fail...how accurate! We made it to church and were thankful to celebrate fathers and worship the LORD, even in the midst of the messes that life brings us.

I decided it would be fun to surprise Eric by going out to eat as a family. Brick oven pizza at Ciro's. Good times...mostly...until Isaac's gelato landed on the floor and I lost track of how many waters were spilled. The miracle of it all...Noah slept the entire time. Didn't even know we came or left. Ah yes...Martin, party of six your table is ready...

After some good naps, we headed across the street to my parents' for the evening. Hot dogs, homemade ice cream, swinging and tractor rides...happy was what we all were.  I am so thankful for my dad and my husband who are both true examples of love and sacrifice to their kids.  I know I can say that I have the best dad in the whole world! I pray that our kids will always say the same thing about theirs.














No comments:

Post a Comment