1.03.2008

John & Irene-12.30.07

Love knows no age! I just photographed my great uncle's wedding and he just turned 81 a few days ago. It was a beautiful, simple ceremony in his home with 35 family members present. There will be a bigger reception to follow this spring when he and his new wife come back from their home in Florida. I am usually doing weddings that involve young couples who are faint with love. I realized something doing this one...it doesn't look much different when you're older. Irene was still an anxious, radiant bride and John was still a smiling, handsome groom. When we were doing some formal shots afterwards, I didn't know if it was alright to ask them to kiss, so I was a little shy about it, but one of their children said, "Hey, why don't you two kiss!" Irene said, "Well, we'll kiss as much as you'd like us to!" It was an honor to be snapping pictures at this wedding. John and Irene, may you experience many years of happiness and great friendship together. I love you both.