4.14.2008

Republican Committee-Spring Dinner

Eric and I attended and photographed our first political party event last Thursday evening. What an honor it was to be a part of this special event. The Republican Committee of Lancaster County has two annual dinners; one in the spring and one in the fall. This spring the dinner gained national attention when the former Governor of Massachusetts and former presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, agreed to provide the keynote address. Over 475 people gathered in the Palm Court, at Willow Valley Resort to listen to what he had to say. I was asked to take candid shots of the guests interacting, similar to a wedding reception. I learned a lot that night about patriotism just being around a group of people I wouldn't normally find myself in. Here are a few images from the evening. Many thanks to my friend, Andrew for giving me this wonderful opportunity to do yet another "first" for Radiant Images. I hope to be able to cover more of these events in the future.