6.10.2008

5 Years Ago...

I wanted to post this a little in advance just because we're shooting a wedding on our actual anniversary (this Saturday) but I wanted to take a little trip down memory lane with all of you. June 14th, 2003 (which also happens to be flag day), Eric and I said our wedding vows to each other. It was a beautiful day filled with so much anticipation and excitement. That morning, we went out for breakfast together and could hardly get any food down because we were so anxious for the rest of the day to unfold. We were married at East Petersburg Mennonite Church, my home church and the reception was held in a nearby meadow under a big white tent.

The day was perfect, at least in our minds, and we have some amazing pictures that capture lots of emotion throughout the day. Our good friend from high school, Sara Lazio, who owns her own photography business in Colorado (Lazio Images) did our wedding photography. We were her first wedding and she's done lots and lots since then over the past 5 years. Sara was a big inspiration to me as I began praying about starting Radiant Images. We still talk on the phone and encourage each other as mothers and business owners. Last summer, Eric and I vacationed in Colorado and were able to spend time with Adam, Sara, and their 2 1/2 year old son, Michael. She is due in a few weeks with their second child. Sara, we can't wait to meet the newest Lazio!

It seems like Eric and I have been through so much in the past 5 years of marriage. We have experienced great joys and great sorrows together. I can't imagine life without him. He has become my best friend and the one I long to grow old with. Eric, I love you more than I ever thought I could love someone. You are a precious gift to me and Malakai. Happy Anniversary! I love you so much!!!