6.14.2009

I Thought I Loved You Then...

Today is a special day marked on our calendars. It's our 6th wedding anniversary. I can still remember it very clearly. It was a hot summer day, lots of nervous jitters, a beautiful ceremony with an incredible time of worship, vows, footwashing, communion, and a song I wrote for my beloved husband. A ride in an old fashioned car, big white tent in a meadow by a stream and of course, a summer thunderstorm to complete the day. I would do it all over again, minus the planning part.

At that point, I was not a professional photographer and for that I am so thankful. I didn't have to think about lighting, angles, aperture, ISO speed, and all the things I now have running through my head during a wedding day. I was able to just relax and enjoy the day with my best friend, Eric Ray, surrounded by our closest family and friends. I hope this is what my clients feel when they look back at their wedding day.

It's amazing how my love for my husband keeps growing deeper and stronger as the journey of life takes us through twists and turns that require us to hold tight to each other. Yes, there are things that have been painful, situations that have challenged us to revisit the part of the vows that say, "For better or worse, till death to us part". But at the end of the day, I desire more than anything else to be with the one who loves me, just as I am. A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Thank You, Jesus for securing our marriage for as long as we both shall live.

I love you, Eric! The best is yet to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment