8.10.2010

Corn

Today is corn day. The most dreaded of all vegetables to freeze (at least in my opinion). I'm not sure how many dozens we silked so far, but we got done around 1pm, had lunch and now we're soon ready to blanche, cut off the cob, bag and freeze. What a long process. My grandma always comes to help. Last year I brought the donuts. This year it was her turn. Some traditions must never be stopped :) She is now 89 years old and still enjoying to can/freeze with all of her children and grandchildren. I asked her today how many dozens of ears of corn she thought she might have silked in her life. She gave her silly laugh and shook her head, "Too many to count, Regina!" After corn is done, we do peaches, and applesauce. I mean, after all, our army to feed is growing!







No comments:

Post a Comment