9.03.2010

Jeremy & Sarah: Engaged

It started out as just a typical engagement session. But we would soon find out there was nothing ordinary about this one. Some stories just have to be shared with the world, so here it goes...embarrassing parts and all. We pulled into the meadow with absolutely no idea of all that would transpire during the next 90 minutes. As soon as we shut the car doors, we realized that all three of us had just been locked out. This began the many events that would cause continuous laughter throughout the evening. With my equipment and their props locked in the car, I called my dad to come and rescue us. Thankfully we weren't too far from my home and Jeremy had his cell phone in his pocket.

Within a few minutes dad came with the spare key and we were able to proceed. About 20 minutes later, as I was shooting, my one camera body completely malfunctions and I couldn't use it the rest of the night. The next mishap is my favorite one, but it is also the one that could have very easily ended the session. I asked Jer & Sarah to roll up their pant legs and sit on a dock. They both thought they could see the bottom (maybe 6 inches) and so Jer proceeded to "just step in and test the waters". Sarah and I watched in horror as he sank in mud up to his waist. There was nothing we could do but scream. He quickly jumped out, ripped off his shirt (which miraculously was not soiled) and ran down to where he could sit in the water and just scrubbed off all the mud. More laughter. He was soaking wet the rest of the night, but didn't complain. I leaned over to Sarah and asked, "Is this normal for you guys?" "No, we aren't accident-prone at all!" she replied. Alrighty then, moving on...

The one section of the meadow we were in was gated off with a metal gate and so we had to slide around it about 8 feet up in the air. After Jer was drenched, he slid past and got shocked. Even though I was dry, I too got shocked. More laughter. Later on, Sarah was setting down a glass pitcher and banged it against that blasted metal gate and cut her finger which began bleeding profusely. Are the ten plagues over yet?

This week was a huge test from the LORD for me in regards to my business. And you know what, I think I passed! I've learned how to have more grace for myself and my clients, and most importantly how to REALLY, REALLY LAUGH with them! I felt like I was in the company of good friends last night.

And here's a little bit of how these met. Both were architecture students at Virginia Tech. They were friends since freshman year (she always had a little crush on him but he was in a serious relationship). Finally, they started dating their junior year and have been inseparable ever since! She lives in MD and he lives in Lancaster. These two are such a tremendous pair and I believe that many people are watching them as they live out their relationship with each other. There's something really special about them both and I know I'm not the only one that notices. We made it through the night in one piece, although we weren't in the same condition coming out that we were going in. Jer was sopping wet, Sarah had a bloody finger, and I had cuts and scrapes all over my feet and legs. But you know what...we were all laughing and enjoying ourselves and that is the most important part of it all.




































5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that is hilarious! so happy for you guys!the pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Sometimes a good laugh goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.my.word. These pictures are gorgeous, what an unforgettable session!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the lemons and lemonade shots! (that story will be unbeatable for a while)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sarah and jer! the pics are awesome!! wet pants and all :) what great shots though and a great setting!!! you guys look so happy!

    ReplyDelete