4.09.2012

Easter Weekend

What a full weekend for our family! Friday, was definitely Good...for a lot of reasons. Eric had off work so we got to sleep in a little. Had a big breakfast, went out for lunch and hiking to Landis Woods with Gideon and the boys. That night, we had Easter dinner at my parents' along with an egg hunt and baskets. Hearts were full.

Saturday was Eric's Grandma Kopp's funeral. She was 94 years young and full of life to the very end. She had asked Eric years ago to give the meditation at her funeral and he was quite honored to do so. About two months ago, we updated his 15-year old suit with a new one but didn't know what the first occasion to wear it to would be. What a perfect day to break it in. Grandma was one of 12 children and her 99-year old sister came and shared lots of memories of her baby sister, Alma. Eric shared one thing during the service that really has been sticking with me. He said, "Grandma was not swallowed up by death. She was swallowed up by life...eternal life." I love that. We all have a choice. Will we be swallowed up by life or by death. I choose life!

Sunday was another day of celebration. He is alive! Our pastor had a great message and again my heart was captured as I realized the great price that was paid for my life by Jesus. He literally went to hell and back. For me. For all of us. Only a measureless love could do that. I am His beloved child. We spent dinner together with the Martin family celebrating Easter and my mother-in-law's birthday (which is today!). Egg hunt #2 for the weekend and just being outside in the beautiful spring weather together.

This morning, my dear husband left for Hilton Head, SC for the week. His construction company had a big remodel job going on down there for the last three months and this is the final week. We've never been apart for more than three days, so six days feels like an eternity. Today is day one. So far, so good. Hopefully I am this peace-filled by Saturday. Believing for an incredible week with my boys, Gideon, and whoever else stops in.











































No comments:

Post a Comment