12.17.2012

Boys Birthday Bash

Since the boys' birthdays are only 9 days apart (Malakai's is today, the 17th and Isaac's is the 26th) we decided to do a joint birthday party with our families. Lots of fun and lots of energy in the house after a sugar overload and some new books to read and toys to play with. I made an ice cream cake and with a ton of help from my dear mom (what in the world would I do without her?!) cranked out 42 cake pops! These creations are not for the faint of heart. Holy moly...there is a great need for patience for these things to go right. I often lack in this department :) But the boys were thrilled and there was even enough left to take to Malakai's preschool class today to share with his classmates. We love these little guys so much and are so thankful to call them our sons! There is never a dull moment and their love for each other continues to grow, except when one has a toy the other one wants or little brother messes up big brother's creations. But that's just part of growing up. I love having real conversations with Malakai as he continues to learn more and more. He told me this morning as he was eating his pancakes at breakfast that now that he's five, he's going to learn to drive a tractor, and feed our bunnies all by himself, and walk Gideon around the pasture. At supper last night he said, "Mommy, you crack me out!" He was meaning to say, "up". So innocent. May there be more laughter and less stress in my life as I learn to let go of more and more. Thank you, Jesus for my dear children. They are my hope fulfilled! Today, we celebrate the gift of Malakai's life. Happy birthday, my five year old big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment