12.24.2012

Family Fun Weekend

Opening Christmas gifts used to be done nice and slowly so each person could examine what the other one got and thank the person it was from before we went on to the next one. Well, now that there are four grandkids...the pace has picked up significantly. I wasn't even sure who all gave me what gifts and hoped I had given out all of ours. Paper was flying, boxes were being collapsed and scissors and knives were snipping and cutting things open. It was fun to see such joy on the kids' faces when they opened their gifts. We spent Friday night and all day Saturday at my parents' house and enjoyed spending time together once again. Eating, playing games, telling stories and loving on each other. I am so thankful for my family and the friendships we share with each other. Watching the cousins play together is heart warming. Hadassah was hauled all around by her 6 year old cousin, Clayton, not because I asked if he wanted to hold her, but because he didn't want to put her down...ever. He just couldn't get enough of her. It really was precious. More memories were made in my mind. Thankful that my camera was there to help freeze some of my favorite moments in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment