11.29.2014

Chop Down The Tree

It's always a memorable experience...this chopping down a real Christmas tree thing. This year went pretty smoothly...it was the decorating part that about put me over the edge. So many little hands that want to help so badly, but don't quite understand that not all ornaments can be hurled across the room, squeezed, or shaken. Ah yes...just stuff, I know, but these little pieces sure do hold a lot of memories for me. Some of them are from when I was a kid. There is one little red wooden sleigh that says, "1981...Regina"...we're talkin' 33 years old. And then there are a few balls that came from my dear Grandma Brubaker. I guard those for grown up hands only. So now the tree is all trimmed and watered and lit and naps are in full swing. And tonight (and many more nights to follow) we will all lay underneath its branches and tell stories...the most looked forward to part of the whole Christmas tree experience for all of us.





No comments:

Post a Comment