11.12.2007

My Birthday

On November 7th, I turned 28 years old. Birthdays are a big reason to celebrate in my family and so I've always enjoyed birthdays. Most of my good friends know that I love to send cards and emails to them on their birthdays. They don't understand how I always remember, but how could I forget? My dear husband is definitely romantic and enjoys pampering me on my birthday. This year he gave me an iPod (I'm still trying to figure out all the features on it!) and made me a great ham dinner at home complete with a dozen roses. I was so blessed. He also had a surprise weekend get away planned for us. November is a slower month for weddings, so we have some free weekends which is unusual. Thank you, Eric for a great weekend. I love you!

Friday night we stayed at the Lancaster Arts Hotel (which is literally about 1/2 a mile from our house) and had dinner at the hotel restaurant, John J. Jeffries. It was an incredible experience. The food there is all organic so it tastes so fresh and rich. Our room was a suite complete with a king bed and whirl pool tub. It felt almost bigger than our house in the city! Saturday morning we traveled to Carlisle, PA to Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast. It was a cute little farmhouse bed and breakfast right off of the Appalachian Trail so we got our hiking boots on and headed for the woods, one of our favorite places to talk and walk together. We also went to a family-owned winery and got a tour of the workings of how wine is really produced. It is very labor intensive, which explains why it is so expensive. It was a beautiful weekend filled with lots of fun and relaxation. I wanted to share a few pictures of what we were able to do together.