5.07.2008

Clint & Dara - 5.5.08

Monday evening I drove down to Nottingham, PA to take some engagement portraits on the Melrath farm. Clint and Dara are getting married on her parents' farm in October. I turned onto the gravel road and knew there would be a beautiful scene tucked way back in...a hidden treasure. Sure enough, I got to the end of the road and there stood a gorgeous stone/stucco house on top of a hill with a pond and rail fences lining the yard. I saw four horses down in the valley. Their barn was rustic and intriguing. It's so fun to have a vision for the wedding now now. I wanted to stand in the middle of the 90 acres of land surrounding me and sing, "Thank God, I'm a country boy (girl)!" There is something so mind-clearing about being out where the only noise in the evening is the crickets. I miss that...

Clint and Dara are such a cute couple. They have been dating now for 3 1/2 years and are so in love. They have quite a story about how they met for the first time. They actually passed each other in their cars going opposite ways, on a road that you'll see in some of these images. They love to go fishing and canoeing, and just being outside together. And the beloved, ol' Dodge truck...you gotta love it! I am looking forward to doing their wedding photography in a few months. Clint & Dara, it was a pleasure to be able to hang out with you and get to know you better as a couple. Enjoy these few months of being each other's fiance.