11.26.2008

Malakai's 1-Year Portraits

I don't know how it happened so fast but the time has come for me to take my son's 1-year shots. His birthday isn't until Dec. 17th but I wanted to get these done in time for Christmas gifts so I decided that he wouldn't change all that drastically in three weeks and I would go ahead and get them done before it got ridiculously cold outside. He was very excited to examine the leaves at County Park, and by examine, I mean quite a few of them got taste tests. I was exhausted when we left about 20 minutes after we arrived...it's so much work to get him to look at me, focus my camera, stop shaking the toy that's wrapped around my neck and capture his sweet personality and smile before he looks away. After his morning nap, we did a few inside shots, but there's nothing like being outside in the beauty of nature. You'll see at the end of the outdoor session he had a bit of a meltdown...I mean what's a kid's photo shoot without some tears, right? He's such a honey...