11.10.2008

Stoltzfus Family - 11.8.08

Derek, Abby, & Kailea are dear friends of ours and requested some family shots. It's always special doing good friends portraits, but this was especially fun since I did their pregnancy portraits last fall. Now, Kailea is 8 months old and has the longest hair I've ever seen on an infant. But I'm not surprised...Abby is a phenomenal hair stylist (thanks for the make over last winter, Abs!) This was also extra special because Abby's parents just moved to Lancaster a few months ago...all the way from Hawaii. They are enjoying their little granddaughter immensely and love the fall colors around here. Diane, Abby's mom, told me she has to get used to the way we dress. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well, you all wear clothes around here." I didn't know what to say...and then we all burst out laughing. Her husband quickly explained that coming from a tropical climate requires a different wardrobe than living in a region that experiences cold weather for half of the year. I knew what she meant, just wanted to give her a hard time:) Thanks for a great morning, everyone. Here's a few favorites...