4.13.2010

Jamie & Amanda: Engaged

Sometimes God reaches down and gives us a kiss just because He loves us so much. Here is an introduction to this couple that just received a kiss from God. Jamie has been a friend of mine for over 10 years. He was my camp director at Black Rock Retreat for two summers when I was a camp counselor. We always had a good friendship but after camp we kind of lost touch. Over the last 2.5 years, there has been a lot of pain and grief in Jamie's life and God opened the door for Eric and I to be connected very closely with him once more. We watched and prayed and journeyed alongside him as God began to put the pieces of his life back together again.

Last summer he was offered a youth pastor position at a church out in California. Living on the west coast has been a long time dream of his as he despises the winter months of snow and cold here in PA. In December he came home for a visit and there was talk of a girl named Amanda that he had met a few months earlier. He later shared with us that he was going to bring her home to meet his family in April and wanted me to do some family portraits. Of course, Eric and I couldn't wait to meet this "California Girl".

This past Friday afternoon we spent three hours together getting to know her and hear how God has already woven their two lives together from two opposite coasts. Only our incredible Abba Father can perform a miracle like this. They had asked me to "save the date" for their wedding day this coming September, even though they weren't officially engaged. Yup, you heard right, Eric and I are heading to California to photograph our first west coast wedding! We couldn't be more honored that our dear friend, Jamie has asked us to capture his wedding day.

I'll try to wrap it up...I've been told that my story telling is rather amplified. I just can't help myself. So on Saturday, I took some "pre-engagement" portraits for these two lovebirds fully knowing that she would soon be wearing a ring. Last night, we found out that he popped the question here in PA before they left for California this morning. And...you guessed it, she said YES! My heart is full to overflowing for these two. My friends, Jamie & Amanda, this is a year of REFRESHING for both of you and Father God has given you a massive kiss. Doesn't it feel good to be loved by Him? May your love continue to grow stronger and deeper each day. We can't wait to see you in 5 months on YOUR home turf, Amanda!

















2 comments:

  1. regina, your storytelling is not 'amplified.' i love your writing style...this entry gave me chills. loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you pretty much rock!

    ReplyDelete