4.28.2010

Logan Xolani: 9 days old

We met him when he was only a few hours old in the hospital. What a miracle it is when a new baby is born. James and Laura are good friends of ours and James and Eric are cousins. Two weeks before Logan was born, James helped Eric chop up a massive oak tree for firewood while Laura and I hung out and I prayed that she would not go into labor as I'm definitely not a certified labor and delivery nurse. My prayer was answered as Logan was more than a week after his official due date. Sorry about that, Laura :)

Once everyone got home and settled in, they wanted me to come to take some newborn portraits. Logan means "valley" and Xolani means "peace" so his name literally means "valley of peace" and he is fulfilling that meaning quite well. The two dogs, Kovu (Rottweiler) and Simba (Boxer) are adjusting to the new little guy that is now the center of attention. Kovu is very gentle with him, but Simba is still getting used to the idea that he isn't the baby anymore.

James is an avid motorcyclist so I thought we could have fun with that for the portraits. He was very excited about my idea, as you can imagine. You'll have to look below to see some pics of the youngest rider ever :) James and Laura, Eric and I are so happy to see your little family growing and we welcome with joy little Logan. Malakai will hold him any time you need a break. Can't wait to see him on the boat at Raystown, but James...no skiing for him just yet!






















1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/29/2010

    Beautiful pictures! Isn't he just adorable! Regina, you did an outstanding job, but of course, you had a cute subject to work with. (No, James, not you, I mean Logan : ). Ok, you're both cute. I love the last one with Logan on the towels. The coordinated colors of the towels and wall make it exceptional. Love ya all.

    Grandma Kopp (Lu)

    ReplyDelete