6.14.2011

The 8th Year

The number eight : new beginnings. Every year is filled with new blessings and new adventures. That is so exciting to think about. Eric and I are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary today. What could the LORD possibly have in store for us that is more exciting than the past several years of marriage? Last year on our anniversary, we spilled the beans about Isaac growing in my womb. Kind of hard to top that one :) Yet I know the LORD longs to give us the desires of our hearts and there are lots of dreams in our hearts for our future years together.

But today is today. I remember standing at the alter saying my personally written vows to my best friend. Eric, I love you with all of my heart, soul, strength, and mind. And then sang an original song I had written for him on our wedding day. I just dug out the words and guitar cords. Apparently I had creatively named it "Eric's Song". I scribbled on the side that I wrote it at Messiah College on 5/12/02. That was just days before I graduated and we had only been dating for five months.

Verse 1:
Here I am, just a single-minded girl
Longing to give all of me to all of you
How could I have known that I'd be standing here today
Staring right into my future and all that I can say is

CHORUS:
Jesus holds my heart in His hands
And Jesus, He holds your heart too
And today, He'll hold our hearts together as one
And by His grace this union will not be undone

Verse 2:
Now here we are, a young couple in love
Not knowing what the LORD has planned but trusting in His sovereignty
So we'll lay our fears aside and we'll walk this road together
And all that I can promise you is that I'll love you forever

CHORUS

BRIDGE:
Take my love, it's all that I can give
Take my life, it's not mine to live
Take my passions and seal them in your heart
These are a joy to give you...You're the one I love

CHORUS


I love you, Eric Ray. Just because. Being your bride is the greatest joy and privilege.

1 comment:

  1. Regina,
    I love you, You are such an inspiration to me.

    Love,
    ERic

    ReplyDelete