11.12.2009

John & Casie: Married

They've been together for over 9 years. I haven't even been married that long. I thought that they would know what to expect when they saw each other for the first time on their wedding day. But I was wrong. When Casie walked into the empty church and saw John standing at the front, she burst into tears and John...well, he just lost it. No one but Eric and I got to share in those first moments the two lovers had together. So powerful, so emotional, so what love should look like. He couldn't stop staring and she just laughed and soaked in his adoration for her.

The day was filled with so much fun! After a ceremony in Octorara, the bridal party boarded a trolly and headed for the Eden Resort Inn. A major highlight for me was when the cake literally fell over and Eric ended up catching it. When they cut their piece out of the bottom it just all gave way and made a slow tumble in front of all of the guests. I've never seen caterers works so fast and furious to make things right!

But the thing that took even the cake that day was the mother/son dance. Usually pretty typical slow dance...think again. John met his mom in the middle of the dance floor and they started bustin' a move to "Soldier Boy", a hip hop song. All of sudden his mom walked over to her purse, pulled out a ball cap and sunglasses and started breakin' it down. Everyone was in stitches! Eric and I were laughing so hard we were almost crying. So I sat down and talked with mom afterwards and said that was the best mother/son dance I had ever seen (and I've seen a lot). "How did he convince you to do that?" I asked. "Oh, it was my idea!" she explained. She didn't want to cry doing a slow dance so this was the best option. I think I may have to try this when Malakai gets married some day! John & Casie, you definitely had a very memorable wedding day and I was so glad to have a small part in it. Enjoy a few favorites...








































No comments:

Post a Comment