5.27.2010

Todd & Rose: Vintage Wedding

I love when a couple chooses to focus on lots of small details for their wedding day. Rose was one of those brides. She wanted a vintage wedding and so she made every effort to bring out little details that were important to her on her wedding day. The bridesmaids wore handmade pins on their dresses, Rose had a sweet wedding gown and bird cage veil, her dad's old Ford truck made an appearance, and the reception was at the Cork Factory Hotel...can't get much more vintage than that with all the exposed brickwork inside. Rose's oldest sister, Anita was a great friend of mine in high school. We played field hockey together and I remember Rose when she was a young girl. She was so beautifully elegant on her wedding day. Just one glance and her groom was undone.

You should've seen Todd when she walked down that aisle towards him. For those of you who think that seeing each other before the wedding makes the walk down the aisle less emotional, Todd just blew that theory out of the water. They opted to see each other beforehand to ensure that we had enough time for pictures and we weren't rushed between the ceremony and reception. As soon as he saw her in the back of the church, he just lost it. And so did a lot of the guests and maybe a photographer :) He was so overwhelmed with the reality of it all sinking in, "She's going to be my wife in a few moments. I am the most blessed man alive. And I'm not holding back my emotion today." This, for me is the best part of the whole day, watching the bridegroom waiting for his bride. What an incredible picture of Jesus waiting for us to come to Him. Oh, my eyes spill over with tears as I write. This is how He loves us and longs for us.

Todd & Rose, your love for each other is absolutely beautiful. I pray that as the years go by, it will only grow stronger and richer and deeper. Todd, she'll always be your bride and I hope you never forget that feeling of watching her come to meet you on your wedding day. Many waters cannot quench that kind of love. Blessings on your future life adventures together. I can only imagine...




























































2 comments:

  1. I love the photos Regina! Thank you so much for capturing the small details! I can't wait to see the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly Funk5/27/2010

    Been checking the blog for days in expectation of these photos! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL :) What a great day it was...

    ReplyDelete