11.30.2010

Our Maternity Portraits

35 weeks and growing is little Baby Martin. Eric and I wanted to have some maternity portraits done by a professional photographer when we found out we were expecting. Such a significant event calls for a great photographer to capture this special miracle of pregnancy.

We talked about several different possibilities and realized we wanted someone who not only could capture amazing images but also someone who had journeyed with us over the last 6 years of barrenness, miscarriage, heartache, the joy of adoption, etc. Someone who prayed for us faithfully, believed for a miracle in my womb, and never gave up hope, even when we did.

Her name is Voni and quite honestly, there isn't another person I would've wanted to do this for us. Almost 5 years ago now, she took me under her wing and helped me buy my first digital SLR camera, mentored me for several months, and assisted me with my first wedding. Our kids are friends, our husbands work together, and she has always encouraged me in every area of my life, whether mothering, photography, or just being a woman of faith.

Voni, we believe you captured our emotions about the true miracle of Baby Martin growing in my womb. Thank you for seeing much deeper than the surface level. We will treasure these photos forever!































No comments:

Post a Comment