12.16.2011

Malakai's 4-Year Portraits

Tomorrow at this time, I will be the mother of a four-year old. Wow! That feels big. He is big. He's growing up right before our very eyes. Literally. We just got out his growth chart and since June, he has grown almost 3 inches. Seriously! What a gift we have been given. Malakai, you are amazing in every way possible. Your life was planned by Abba Father way before anyone even knew about you. Your name means "My Messenger" and you have a message to share with the world, no doubt. We bless your spirit to soar. You carry love and gentleness to those around you. Many times people have shared with me how you have shown them and their children kindness and love without even trying. It's just who you are. To the core. After we finished this portrait session, he looked at me with a completely sincere heart and said, "Thank you for taking my pictures, Mommy!" My eyes filled up with tears. I didn't force him to say it or even require that he enjoyed it, but he loved every minute of it. And maybe the promised "let's go to the park afterwards...just you and Mommy" may have helped, but still....

























1 comment: