6.06.2012

The Other Side Of Life

It seems like when I am focused on weddings and other portrait sessions, I forget to pick up my camera for the most important moments...my little family. Malakai is almost 4 and a half and Isaac is almost 18 months now. Time is far from standing still. They are changing and growing up. In a moment of frustration yesterday, I said to Malakai, "What is with you today?" He quickly answered, "Jesus is with me, Mommy." Whoah. Now that's life perspective from a very smart 4 year-old. It took me by surprise and I couldn't be upset anymore. Of course Jesus is with us, every moment of every day and I'm so thankful. I can't imagine living life without Him! We have been enjoying leisurely family hikes (the pregnant lady can't go very fast right now) and time on our back porch. Almost every meal is eaten out there and it's a fun spot for the boys to play "inside/out". This weekend will be our 5th straight wedding in a row. That ties our record. Next weekend, we will break the record by doing #6. And then take a LONG break! Baby Martin has been hauled all around and I'm still feeling pretty good. The mild weather has been a huge blessing. 25 weeks down, 15 to go! When I was pregnant with Isaac, I did 22 weddings that year. I can hardly believe it. This year's 8 feels very sufficient. Today I am thankful for a full day of uninterrupted editing (thanks to my dear mother-in-law), perfect weather, and windows open. Oh yeah, and I'm thankful that Jesus is with me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment