2.18.2008

Malakai Grant Martin

What a day of rejoicing! Eric and I met our son for the first time today. It was so amazing to hold him, kiss him, and just look him in the eyes. He is more handsome than we could have ever asked for or imagined. It doesn't seem real yet that he actually is our son and we really are his mommy and daddy. We met his foster mom who is a strong woman of faith and has made a tremendous investment into the very beginning of his life even before we knew him. We get to visit him two more times this week and then next Monday he comes home to live with us, his forever family. It's so wild. I have a son...I don't think the fullness of that reality has set in yet. There will be more pictures...many more! I am so full to overflowing right now! God, You are so faithful in all that You have promised. My heart says thank You, for You are good.