2.27.2008

Our Son...

Well, after many years of waiting, Eric and I are finally parents and we are loving it! Malakai is such a sweet baby boy and he has had many visitors already. Here are a few pictures of him with some of his favorite people. It's impossible to post all of the pictures of each of his visitors because the doorbell keeps ringing. We gave him a bath today for the first time and that was a lot of fun for us. We also went on our first walk around the neighborhood as a family (Gideon too) which was a big adventure. We often find ourselves wide awake in the middle of the night with Malakai and we are either playing, praying, singing, feeding a bottle, or changing a diaper. I have been remembering songs my parents used to sing to my brother and I growing up, before we fell asleep. It's incredible how memories are stored in our minds and brought back to life at just the right time. I keep looking at him and saying, "Eric, this is our promise...we get to stare at our promise from the LORD every day for the rest of our lives!" It's so sweet...