2.14.2008

New Do on Valentine's Day

I finally did it...I got a new hairdo after 10 years of same old, same old. What an incredible experience. My good friend, Abby works at Elan Hair and Spa, a local Aveda salon here in Lancaster so all of the credit goes to her talented hands. I wanted to surprise Eric for Valentine's Day and did I ever! He was amazed and couldn't stop starring at me. This was the first time I've ever done something like this for myself and it was so liberating. I literally felt like I had left my old self at the door when I exited the building. Ladies, if you've never done this, I totally recommend it.

This was my experience...I walked in, and was asked if I wanted something to drink. Abby whipped up an iced chai latte (I know I'm fasting desserts for Lent, but this was a little treat to myself for being brave!) and I sat down for the next 2 hours. We looked through some hair design books and I got myself psyched up for the coming transformation. I received a scalp massage, neck and shoulder massage, highlights, cut and style, and to top it all off, they even did my make up. Now who of you isn't feeling pampered at this point?!

This is the year of change so I'm leaving no stone unturned in my path. If not now, when?! By the way, it's a great Valentine's gift for your husband too! Check these images out and see if you recognize me.