10.15.2008

Clint & Dara -10.11.08

He hung a huge sign on the side of a bridge that said,

DARA, WILL U MARRY ME? -Love Clint

This past weekend, these two got married on Dara's family's farm and what a gorgeous Saturday afternoon it was! I love shooting outdoor weddings and this one was like none that I've ever experienced. The ceremony took place down in the woods where they had cleared out a section of trees and hung long streamers of tool for the occasion. No chairs needed for the guests, just straw bales covered with white sheets. Clint even made doors for the back so it felt like you were entering a church. When the doors opened and Dara began her long walk down the wood chipped aisle, I got chills, then looked at Clint who was tearing up. It was a powerful moment...one that had been planned and prepared for long already.

It's really special when the bride and groom become more than just "clients". I felt like I kind of knew these two since I did their engagement shots and then Eric and I borrowed their canoe for our anniversary in June. It was a beautiful ceremony and we were able to get some sweet portraits of the newlyweds with the evening sunlight coming softly through the trees.

The reception lacked not one detail. There were food stations all over the yard with pictures of family members and Clint & Dara, etc. The dessert bar got my attention right away and the caramel apple I took home was scrumptious! The first course was soup in these little carved out pumpkins. I was so excited, but I didn't get to try it because they cleared my place setting before I got to even sit down for a break...I guess I didn't look very hungry, but I was very disappointed :(

Clint & Dara, I am so excited that after four long years of dating, you are finally husband and wife and what a great team you make. Your love for each other is strong...I feel that every time I'm around you. Blessings as you settle into your new home and make it yours! Here's a few images that highlighted your wedding day.