10.13.2009

Mom & Dad

I've never done a photo session like this before. Honestly, I'm a little choked up as I'm writing this. This one was extra special for me. Mom & Dad have wanted some pictures of them with their sheep for a long time and I finally prioritized it to make it happen. I am so excited about the images I was able to capture of the shepherd and shepherdess, the love that is still strong after 37 years of marriage, and the laughter that comes easily between them.

My parents are one phenomenal pair and I love them dearly. I have learned so much from them. Love is a choice, marriage is worth all of the hard work, and being self-employed (Dad is a self-employed mechanic) is worth the long hours if for no other reason than that you are able to touch the lives of so many of your clients and be at home with your family.

Mom & Dad, thank you for giving me roots and wings. Although I have been to college, lived in Mount Joy, and Lancaster City, I must admit that this season of living right next door to the two of you has surprised me incredibly with blessing upon blessing upon blessing. Your generosity to Eric, Malakai, Gideon and me is truly priceless. Thank you for loving me so much but most importantly, thank you for loving Jesus and loving each other.

37 years of partnership...looks good on you. Mom still looks twenty-five and Dad has the giddy grin of a young man in love with his radiant bride.




























No comments:

Post a Comment