7.10.2010

Andrew & Cristina: Philly E-Session

Little did we know how bad Friday Philly traffic was. Mapquest estimated our travel time to be 1 hour and 30 minutes. So we left about 45 minutes of extra time. 4 hours later, when the session was supposed to be ending, we finally pull up the the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Was I a bit frazzled? Yes. Did I have to pee like a race horse? Absolutely. Were the lighting and weather perfect? Far from it. Did the LORD give me just what I needed to do this photo session? More than enough! Starting an engagement session at 7:30 and ending at 9:15 is hardly typical but when the going gets tough, the tough get going. I had so much fun getting to know Andrew and Cristina better in "their territory" and getting out of Lancaster County and seeing new scenery is always so much fun.

After the session ended, my hungry husband and tired 2 1/2 year old son, walked a few blocks to look for a restaurant. After passing up several pizza joints and bars, we settled on a cute little place called the London Grill. A ceasar salad at 10pm never tasted so good! We took turns driving on the way home to avoid falling asleep and pulled into our garage at 12:20am. Pretty sure no alarm clocks went off in our house when the new day dawned. I love that my photography business takes me to new places, new faces, and new adventures. So enough about us, I want you all to get to know my clients...

Cristina and Andrew have known each other for 12 years now. It was Sunday School in a small community church in Westchester County, New York where they first met. They didn't grow up far from each other but technically lived in different counties and went to different schools. By the time high school rolled around, Cristina was the one who first asked Andrew to her junior prom just as friends. It took seven more years and five formal dances and two college graduations later for Andrew to admit to himself and anyone else that he had a thing for Cristina. They FINALLY started dating last June and are planning an October outdoor wedding in New York which Eric and I will be photographing! They will be living in their adopted city of Philadelphia where Cristina is an art teacher and Andrew will work as an assistant engineer for a tugboat company.























No comments:

Post a Comment