9.06.2011

Mark & Heather: 9 Years & Counting

They wanted to celebrate their anniversary with a photo session on their farm. After giving birth to four beautiful children, Heather can still (with great ease) fit into her wedding dress. Come on now, that's reason enough to celebrate! Oh, what a fun night it was. Lots of laughter, story-telling (Mark and I enjoy this), and watching my friends take in an evening set aside for just the two of them without all four kiddos in tow. Made my heart full.

I've known these two for as long as they have been married. I sang at their wedding. Heather sang at ours. Mark was one of Eric's groomsmen. We've always been a part of each others' married lives, even if we lived miles away. They have been an encouragement to so many young couples beginning life together. They challenge and encourage people to become all that God has created us to be. Mark was one of the first people (besides my dear, Eric of course) to encourage and push me out into starting Radiant Images. He wouldn't let me hide with my gift, in a corner. And I am so thankful. Heather encouraged me countless times during the years of our infertility. I would hang out with her and the kiddos and cry with her, believing that one day, I too could be holding my babies. God is so faithful!

So this session was more than just to document a season of life. It was a celebration of the past 9 years. And all that includes. The joyful triumphs. The painful struggles. The lessons learned. The undying friendship between husband and wife. The passionate love of a relentless God who brought these two people together. For better or worse. Mark & Heather, I love you both. Thanks for being a real, honest example of marriage. The best is yet to come...


































No comments:

Post a Comment