8.16.2007

Laura-August 16th

Thank You, Jesus for your perfect timing. This morning I met Laura at Black Rock Retreat in Kirkwood. It was pretty overcast, but I was praying the whole way there that the LORD would hold back the rain until after our photo shoot was finished. He did just that. We began at 8:45 and at 10 o'clock when we were finished, it started to rain and it really left loose! I was laughing the whole way home. Why should I be surprised? That's the God I serve! He even cares about whether or not my photo shoots get rained out or not. Anyway...Laura was one of my campers way back in the day when I was a camp counselor at BRR. She says she still has some really funny pictures of me from that year. I can only imagine. Camp was one of those life changing experiences for me that I will always treasure. Just driving down there this morning I felt fully alive and was worshipping in my car at the top of my lungs. It really is a place of refreshment. So we went all over camp...the gazebo, the beloved Granny swings, the shed, the dock, the lake. It was a really fun time for both of us. Laura, I pray that this year is a year of unexpected blessings for you at LMH. I am excited to see where God takes you next. Now that you are learning Spanish at a college level, maybe He'll send you to Latin America! I know you said you are thinking about Cananda and maybe there are some Spanish Canadians there too. Love ya, girl!