8.23.2007

Lead me to the Rock

Sometimes I just want to share with you some of my thoughts without always having to post a new project. Tonight is one of those nights. Let me share a little...

Last night my husband, Eric and I had a long overdue worship session (Gideon, our puppy was present too, but he fell asleep.) I play the guitar and Eric asked if we could just worship in our living room together. Over the years, this has been a common occurance, but recently in the busyness of life, this is one thing that has gotten pushed to the side. Well, it was so refreshing for both of us. I used to lead worship a lot in many different venues. Funny, how before I was a wedding photographer, I was always the wedding singer. Leading wedding worship or doing wedding special music. I guess the LORD really wants me at weddings wether I'm singing, or taking pictures.

As we worshipped spontaneously, the song "The More I Seek You" began to pour out of my mouth. Here are the words:

The more I seek You, the more I find You
The more I find You, the more I love You
I want to sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hands
Lay back against You and breathe, and feel Your heartbeat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand
I melt in Your peace, it's overwhelming me

I have been finding myself feeling rather dry, even though I am so completely fulfilled in my work as a photographer, it is draining at times. It takes all of me. Yet, when I can go to the Father, just as I am and lay back against Him and breathe and feel His heart beat, it is there, I find all that I need for my weary soul and spirit. Then from those sweet times with Him, I can find new life again in my work, my life, and my calling.

The scripture that came to me last night as we worshipped was from the Psalms. It's one of my all time favorites, probably my life verse. I began to sing it over and over and over again until it sank in. I don't have to do this on my own. He is greater.

"From the ends of the earth I call to You, I call as my heart grows faint: lead me to the Rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2

May you be encouraged wherever you are and whatever you find yourself investing in. There is one who is so much greater than you and your own strength. If you find yourself overwhelmed, climb onto the Rock... Jesus. He is a strong refuge. Nothing can shake you once you are standing on that Rock. When I know that truth, I can rest and be overwhelmed in His peace instead of my to-do list. You can do the same.

Thanks for letting me share my heart with whoever reads this. I love to share my photography with you. I want to share my Jesus with you too. He is the one who helps me to capture people's lives through the lens of my camera. I pray that through my photography, He captures your heart as well.

-Regina