7.07.2008

Andrew & Natasha - 6.29.08

Last Sunday, Eric and I hung out in the sweet town of Hershey, PA for an outdoor wedding. We met Natasha and her girls...all 9 of them, at her apartment for some prep shots and then met Andrew and his guys at the wedding site which was a garden gazebo setting at Milton Hershey School where Andrew is a teacher. Thunderstorms were a threat all afternoon, but we didn't get wet...well, I was drenched in sweat, but not rain. These two were a lot of fun and we didn't have to convince them to relax and have fun...they just naturally did that.

The ceremony was a display of their love for the LORD, their families, and of course, each other. There was worship, foot washing, and lots of tears. I definitely shed quite a few behind my camera. The wild part was that they were both Miller's before they were married. Natasha has a husband but got to keep her last name. Not many brides get to do that. Right after the recessional, I climbed up on a ladder and got a picture of all of the wedding guests. That gave everyone a good laugh.

Purcell Friendship Hall was the location for the reception celebration. Everyone enjoyed a good meal, followed by the cutting of the cake which was a big smash! Andrew and Natasha weren't shy about getting each other's faces covered with chocolate cake and icing. It didn't take long for the dance floor to fill up and then a special slide show was shown that Andrew put together. He had movie clips that were special to him and Natasha, old video footage of each of them growing up, pictures, and then their engagement story. I've never seen something so creative...well done, Andrew.

Well, this is the beginning of your lives together and I believe your wedding day got you off to one incredible start. Andrew & Natasha, I was blessed to be a part of your special day. I can tell that you are best friends and that you love Jesus. Those are the two greatest foundations to lay a marriage on. I believe that your marriage will be a solid example to many other couples. Here's a few of my favorite shots...