7.10.2008

It Is Well...

I thought I'd take some time to update you all on my personal life. I am in the middle of editing another wedding Eric and I shot last weekend, but I need a break. Honestly, life has been so busy. I was looking at my calendar the other day and realized that since Mother's Day, Eric have had a wedding every single weekend. We've either been shooting or in them ourselves. The first wedding-free weekend we have this summer is the last one in July. What do normal people do on weekends these days anyway? In the midst of a busy season of photography, I have been continually reminded that I am tasting the richest of fare (not only the meals at wedding receptions), but in the blessings from the LORD Himself.

A friend of mine who I haven't heard from in months called me the other day. She said she woke up with my name on her mind and felt like she was to call and let me know that I was loved. We ended up talking for over an hour and she challenged me to really spend time with Jesus again. To be completely honest, it's been a struggle for me to be still before the LORD when I'm trying to be a great mommy to Malakai, a skilled photographer with lots of wonderful clients to serve, and a loving wife to my dear husband. I've convinced myself that I don't "have time". Something I've always enjoyed is playing my guitar and just worshiping. I've been breaking it out more and more and something is stirring in my spirit. I am refreshed and renewed from those small pockets of time with the Creator of the Universe. Actually, as I'm editing and typing I am listening to my ipod...again, something I haven't done in months. So when I turned it on, the first song that I heard in my ears was "It is well with my soul". Ok, LORD, I'm listening...

This morning a good friend called and wanted some "motherly" advice, which I'm not too confident in myself yet as I'm new at this mothering thing. We ended up talking for almost an hour and I took time to pray with her and encouraged her that she will make it through the sleepless nights (and days in her case) and that she is a wonderful mommy to her precious 11-week old daughter. Ever since that conversation I've been feeling fully alive and singing worship songs at the top of my lungs. It's good you all don't have access to my office, even Gideon wonders what is going on. Malakai is at Grandma's house today so I can have a day to focus on editing, and maybe blogging.

I've been made aware that many of you read my blog regularly and some of you even check it more than once a day (love you Dori and Melissa!) so I want to be real and not just post my projects, but little pieces of my heart as well. So here it is. I want you to get to know the non-photographer part of Regina too. Believe it or not, I don't take pictures 24/7. I love that I get to hang out with brides and grooms, families, newborns, pregnant couples, engaged couples, and seniors. Love is a beautiful thing and it's so sweet to capture it. Let the LORD capture your heart today with His love and then you can truly say, "It is well with my soul."