7.09.2008

Juliana -7.8.08

Yesterday morning I had the privilege of doing some senior portraits at a very special location. Juliana requested them to be taken at her Great-Great Aunt Lydia's farm. Now that doesn't sound like a big deal, but let me give you a little background. At the end of a long gravel lane, as I pulled up to the farm house I was greeted by a sweet 97-year old Amish woman who was shorter than my mom (who is about 5'2"...love ya, Mom!) Lydia has never lived anywhere else for her entire 97 years. She still lives on her own and has a beautiful flower garden where Juliana wanted some pictures taken. Juliana's parents also got their engagement pictures taken at this same farm however many years ago that was:) So we kept the family tradition going. Juliana will be a senior this fall at Lancaster Mennonite. She is an incredible field hockey player and I've watched her grace the field with talent and passion. I enjoyed getting to know her a little better yesterday. I love the one on one time I get with seniors where we can talk about life in between picture taking. She is looking forward to college next year and studying elementary education. Juliana, it was such an honor to be a part of your family's history on Aunt Lydia's farm. Your sweet spirit is refreshing and you are a joy to be around. I hope to see your name and picture in the paper this fall as you help lead your hockey team to victory.